Monday, November 28, 2011
Adding OT
Rylie started private OT today. We are now adding 45-minutes of OT before her 1-hour speech therapy session at the Children's Hospital. She gets some help at school, but we are trying to get her ready for handwriting (using a curriculum called Handwriting Without Tears, ever heard of it?). She is doing a fabulous job with her letters, but she does have a little restriction in her knuckles which may be impacting her lack of strength. The OT is going to work with her on strengthening and on control. I work with her at home quite a bit, but she fights me on it, too. I'm hoping that having an outside person giving us homework will encourage Rylie to practice.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Proverbs 3:5–8
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him and he will make your paths straight. Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the Lord and shun evil. This will bring health to your body and nourishment to your bones."
1 comment:
Sounds good. Anxious to learn more from you and see Rylie in action if she's willing to demonstrate. I googled the curriculum. Interesting strategies and wares, I thought. The rolling clay looked fun!
Love and prayers. L & B
Post a Comment